Friday, January 10, 2014

It has been a long, long, long time since I have posted here, and I very nearly deleted this blog altogether. Then I looked at the 55,000 page views, and dozens that find their way here from across the globe, even though I haven't published in years.  Since my last post my life has changed quite a lot due to various circumstances ranging from economic to familial.  I have drifted in a direction away from sweet Dervish and our adventures on the Salish Sea.

Dervish is, in fact, going on the hard for some loving attention and a launch later this year.   I hope to get a lot of sailing in this summer one way or another. Probably mostly local day trips and quick over-nighters. I don't see any longer trips in my future at this time.

So where the heck have I been and what have I been up? In recent months I've been writing a screenplay set on the Salish Sea, working with a local nonprofit agency that serves our community's elders, and living in  West Olympia in a house with a couple of lovely women.

I am rethinking the focus of this blog. Should I stick with boat related stuff or use it to share my writing and art? Should I write about Olympia arts? About random subjects that interest me? I welcome your input.

Thanks for stopping by. I put up a post that had been stalled in my draft folder for a years. Please peruse the archives until further notice…


No comments: